Thursday, July 19, 2012

Minnesota Vacation Day 7

Wow - today was a true day of rest and relaxation.  Perfect lake weather here today: sunny, a tad breezy, not too hot.  Unfortunately, I have had a sore throat.  I think it's allergy related.  My eyes are itchy and am a little sneezy.  I don't really feel bad, so I'm pretty confident that I don't have strep like I did when I was here last year. 

SO, I let the kids do a lot of reading and even let them get their DSis out for the first time since we've been here.  I sat outside and read for a while this morning.  For lunch, Zachary made us Dark Side Salsa from the Star Wars cookbook.  Very yummy!  We also had a salad and black beans and rice.  It was our main meal for the day.  That was a big mess to clean up. 

After lunch, I actually took a nap.  I stayed up WAY to late last night, and I thought my lack of sleep may not be helping with the sore throat. 

We've been in the lake every day but yesterday.  Late afternoon, swimming was in order!  We pumped up the big inflatable "teeter totter" to use in the lake.  If it weren't so hard to get the boys up on it, it might be more fun!

Dinner was leftovers and a hodge podge of using things up.  After dinner, it was Jeremy's turn to go out fishing.  Unfortunately, it was just windy enough that there was no chance I could paddle the canoe AND deal with worms and fish on my own.  So, he had to fish off of the end of the dock.  I can't wait for Tim to get here and put the motor on the boat.

Zachary played Yahtzee and Scrabble with Grandma while Jeremy fished.

Jeremy had his first shower in a week tonight!  They have been in the lake plenty, but they REALLY needed soap and shampoo!

No comments: