Saturday, November 14, 2009

With Gratitude

We celebrated Veteran's Day by enjoying this beautiful place in which we live. I'm so grateful to live here. I get to drive along the beautiful Little Miami most every day, enjoy great parks, a quaint historic downtown, and be near so many of the people I love so much. This trip to Symmes park wasn't planned as a photo opportunity (thus the messy hair and not-the-best outfits), but when we got down to the creek, it was so beautiful I couldn't help trying to get some photos of the boys.
I gotta say, I love these kids, and I love taking their photos, but it ain't easy! I have to take HUNDREDS of shots of crazy faces and silliness to get a few good ones. I don't think they're being difficult, it's just that this is what they think a "normal" smile looks like:
The boys were not really so into sharing their popcorn. The poor ducks got about one kernel for every three fistfuls they shoved into their mouths!

1 comment:

expatmom (Colleen H.) said...

You got some great photos! Sometimes impromtu is the best way to go! :)