Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinner Idea

Things have been a bit busy at the Case House lately. This is partly the regular end-of-school-year nuttiness, but it's mostly because of the new little 4-legged addition to the family. So, I haven't been cooking much. Sunday at Kroger, on a whim, I grabbed a flat iron steak. I was actually home this afternoon and early evening, so I decided to try my hand at cooking the steak. Into a ziploc bag, I place the steak, some leftover hoisin sauce from a meal a while back, some sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. I let it marinate for a couple of hours then grilled it for about 10 minutes. I found some garlic scape pesto in the freezer (from the CSA last summer - I think I'm needing to clean the freezer out!). I mixed it with just a little butter and spread it over the steak after it was cooked. The whole thing sat for 10 minutes or so while I finished the side dishes and then I sliced it up. YUM! Definitely better than doing the same thing with flank steak. It was a very successful meal, if I do say so myself.

No comments: