Monday, July 18, 2011

Cincinnati Nature Center Adventure

I'm really working on adding some adventure into our summer. Despite my best efforts, when the boys are home all day they tend to do nothing but watch TV and play video games. So, especially since Tim is gone at Henderson Settlement all week, I need to be purposeful about keeping us busy and active. I chose Cincinnati Nature Center for Monday, since I THOUGHT it was going to be free. Turns out, free Mondays ended in the spring. Anyhow, we spent some time in the center itself. Jeremy is in a bird watching phase, so he was excited to sit and watch them through the big windows. We checked out an insect exploration backpack. The boys went through it as soon as we got outside. We hiked the turtle trail along with part of the deer trail. It was ridiculously hot, but the boys were sort of into it. They started out really into the bug thing, collecting a pill bug and a red ant. Then they kind of forgot about it. We saw fish, turtles, tadpoles, birds, and plenty of dragonflies and other bugs. They didn't even start to complain until we were almost back.


Dinner Monday night was hamburgers and fruit and fried zucchini, all courtesy of my awesome mom! Thanks for taking care of me while I'm doing the week on my own, Mom!

No comments: