Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moms are the Greatest

So, I have to give props to my mom, who is just awesome. Talk about the sandwich generation - she's like the ham and cheese to my (and my grandma's) bread. I've been sick and better and sick (like REALY SICK) again for two weeks now. In that time, she's gotten kids on and off the bus, made me and my family chicken and dumplings, made and delivered soup, gone grocery shopping for me, taken me to urgent care, given me hot rags for my forehead, cleaned my kitchen, and given me the sympathy that I just can't help craving when I'm sick. This isn't to say that Tim hasn't been a help. After all, he's read to the kids every night that I couldn't talk, handled all crises and discipline for days in a row, cooked meals for kids, and even heated up soup for me twice. Still, nothing beats the comfort of having Mom around when you're sick. She can just walk in the door and put her hand on my forehead, and I feel better. And she did all this while not feeling 100% herself and while visiting Grandma in the nursing home almost every day. She ROCKS. Love ya, Mom!

No comments: