Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Minnesota Day 05 - Preparations

We all slept in this morning.  The kids weren't up until after 10AM!  In the morning, I worked a bit in the cabin and put together some skyline for tonight's dinner. The boys were down at the lake.  Zach wanted to go out in the kayak again.  We told him to stay nearby, making sure he could see the cabin.  Well, he stayed within sight of the cabin - except that he was all the way over by the channel to Lake 2.  He did disappear for just a second, and we (after much deliberation) went to check on him in the motorboat.  Once we saw he was paddling for home, we came back.  He gave me a huge scare - I don't know if we'll let him kayak again.  Again we had a late lunch.  Zachary made mac and cheese for himself.  Lydia and Immy came over while we were eating, so he shared with them! The boys goofed around with them a little.  Tim and I put the waverunner in the lake.  Then, we went to practice canoeing with the boys.  Tim went first with Jeremy and Goober.  As he was getting in the canoe, he flipped it and went in the lake!  I have to admit that I laughed pretty hard!  Then, I swam a little because Zach asked me to get in with him.  Then, it was Zach's and my turn to practice in the canoe.  When we got back, it was already time to make dinner.  After dinner, the boys went out fishing (with Josey this time!) and I got things ready for our BWCA trip.  Mom made us popcorn tonight. 

No comments: