Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day Four: To Town

Tuesday was overcast and off and on rainy. Zachary was inspired to make nachos for lunch. All the kids helped and ate! After lunch, we headed to Ely to do some laundry. Once we had all the loads going, the kids, Susie, and I left Mom at the Speed Wash and went to the grocery. Then, the kids and I left Susie at the grocery store to go to Crafty Kids at the library. Then, I left the kids at the library to get Susie at the grocery and leave her with Mom at the laundry. Then, I went to the license bureau and back to the library while Mom and Susie finished the laundry, and Mom took Susie back to us at the library. So, is it any wonder that they left a whole load of laundry at the Speed Wash? We don't know how. We don't yet know if we'll get it back. That's truely a first.

The kids made all sorts of fun things at the library. We also got free tickets to the Dorothy Molter (Root Beer Lady) museum there. I loved it! After the museum, we stopped at the Ely Farmer's Market where we bought cilantro from Cole's Organic Garden. Cole is a 12 year old boy who grows all of his own produce, though "my dad sometimes waters it for me." So cute!We got back to the cottage at 6:30 and threw together a leftover/pierogi dinner. I went down to the lake with Allison, who needed someone with her while she washed her hair. Goober was with us, and he actually followed his tossed tennis ball into the lake. He didn't like it, but he did jump off the dock. He hasn't swam yet, but I think it's coming soon.

No comments: