Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day Two: On the Road Again

Sunday dawned early for me. For some reason, extremely uncharacteristically, I woke up at 5:00 AM and could not fall back to sleep. As I lay in the dark hotel room, surrounded by sleeping kids and dog, I tried to will myself back to sleep to no avail. Finally, I gave up and got up. Goober and I took a really nice walk in a pretty little residential neighborhood across from the hotel. Still, no one in the room was awake! The kids didn't even wake up until after 9 AM, which was a really good thing - they were up ridiculously late the night before.We made our way a bit more slowly the second day. We pulled out of Chippewa Falls at 11 AM, and got to the cabin 4PM. This was blueberry festival weekend in Ely, and we had fried cheese curds on the brain. Fortunately, we drove through Tower's festival knockoff, Depot Days just before arriving at the cabin. Suddenly, we were parking and an order of fried cheese curds made it's way into the van. YUM.The kids wasted no time getting into the swing of things. We unloaded the van, and then put on swimsuits and headed straight for the lake. Susie and Allison took the canoe out, and the kids and I swam. Mom fixed vegetable soup and hamburgers for dinner. After dinner, the kids did the awesome scavenger hunt that Rachel set up for them. They played a round of penny in the pot and collapsed in bed. A Good Day!

No comments: