Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Three: Hello

The first full day at the lake was sunny and windy. I spent the morning organizing our room and stuff. It took ALL morning. It was nice that the kids could entertain each other while Susie and I worked. We swam and inflated water toys. Meanwhile, Mom was helping the kids make a "forever fort" outside (4 pegs, a clothesline, and a tarp). Jeremy thinks it's the greatest thing ever. After lunch, I took the Loughners and Z and J on a boat ride. It took me a while to figure out the motor, but eventually (edited 7/28: THANKS TO A PHONE CALL TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT - AKA MIKE HICKS - sorry for forgetting to mention that, Mike!) I got it started. We toured Lake 1, then I took them to Lake 2. We saw both a bald eagle and a deer at the water's edge right by the springhole. Then, we all swam again. I had just sat down to read when Tim called. Dinner was ham, mac and cheese, green beans, and applesauce. Allison and I took a 3 mile walk after dinner, then cooled off in the lake. Zachary had such a busy day that he actually ASKED to go to bed.

No comments: