Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 3: The sickness

Sunday morning, I was really feeling miserable. My throat hurt horribly. I was trying everything under the sun to get better - Zinc, Emergen-C, a neti pot, gargling with salt water, ibuprophen, Cloriseptic spray, and cough drops. Nothing was helping me get better or giving me much relief. Tim and Jeremy went to town to get some groceries and get the boys new fishing poles. We had decided that they've graduated from Snoopy and Spongebob poles to something a little more grown-up. They were gone until after lunchtime. Meanwhile, I worked on washing some dishes and a few other little things. Finally, I was exhausted and fell asleep before they were even back.
When they got back, they played outside, Tim mowed, and l finally woke up. Mom and the boys were playing games, but they were excited to show me their new poles. Jeremy picked out a lure, and Zachary had asked for artificial minnows. We went down to the lake in the late afternoon, and I helped Tim (a little - I wasn't worth much) put out slips. We got out the paddle boat and Uncle Don's boat. Since we don't have a hitch on the car, we weren't able to get Mike's big fishing boat into the water. We left the waverunner in the boat house.

Mom had made Skyline for dinner. I have to admit it tasted good, even though it hurt to eat. We took the boys out fishing after dinner. I just read, Tim operated the boat, and only the boys fished. They didn't catch anything.

I was pretty done in and fell asleep early Sunday night.

No comments: