Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Vacation Day 3

Friday was a flurry of activity. I made skyline and split-pea soup. I cleaned it up, cleaned the pantry, cleaned the bathrooms, and on and on. The boys helped by cleaning their rooms, and in the midst of all that Tim reconnected the garbage disposal that had gotten knocked out of place and cleaned out underneath the kitchen sink. At 3:00 Mike's family arrived and helped me pull it all together by chopping fruits and onions and all sorts of other small things. Everyone else came between 3:30 and 4:00. We had appetizers, then we did the yankee swap. I wound up with a big sled, and Tim got a blanket that he loves. Dinner was skyline with hot dogs and spaghetti, plus Louise brought a crock pot of Italian sauce with meatballs. Dad and Candy left early, but everyone else stayed until 7:30 or so. The Hicks girls were headed to Rachel's place to spend time with their cousins Liza and Emma. Tim and I cleaned up and collapsed. I was so exhausted!

No comments: