Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Vacation Day 5

Christmas Day! The boys actually slept in until 8AM. We had them wait in our room watching A Christmas Story while I showered and Mom drove over. We read the Christmas story while the boys waited on the steps (a tradition we've had for a few years thanks to an idea from Amy Carle). Then, they tore downstairs to see their gifts. Santa brought an alien lego set (for Z), a chemistry set (for J), 2 kinds of beyblades, wii games, an sd card (for Jeremy's dsi), a small lego set (for Z), and bones for the dogs. Oh, he also through in some cadbury cream eggs in the toe of their stockings! They are Jeremy's favorite, and he couldn't resist the joke!

We opened the rest of the presents under the tree, and the kids enjoyed getting legos, puzzles, and a snap circuit set from aunts and uncles and Grandma and Grandpa Case. We gave the boys each an angry birds shirt, which I think they actually liked, too. The boys surprised me with a dvd player that can connect to the internet and a new food scale (as I had dropped and broken my old one while making candy). So far, I can pretty much only watch youtube and amazon prime videos on the dvd player, plus some really old sitcoms on some free channel. I should really look into the best way to watch internet tv!

Mom left to visit with Mike and Louise's family, and we played, rested, and I worked on dinner. She arrived back at around 2:30. Dinner (as requested by Zachary) included beef tenderloin, a french baguette, and baked potatoes. I also served a yummy new spinach salad recipe and brussell sprouts. Unfortunately, Zachary started feeling yucky during dinner, and he didn't get to enjoy it much. He did spring back pretty quickly, thankfully. As bedtime approached, though, I could tell he was disappointed at not feeling 100% on Christmas day.

No comments: