Saturday, July 28, 2012

Minnesota Vacation Day 16


Today was a working day at the cabin.  Mom and I made a trip to the dump and to Tower for some bait, paint, and groceries.  When we got back home, Tim was already wiping down the front of the cabin to start painting.  I helped a little with the wiping then began painting the lower part (everything I could reach without a ladder).  Tim had to run back into Tower to exchange the paint, then he came back and started painting the eaves.  I moved on to using the step ladder, first on the porch, saving Tim from painting a short section of eaves by doing it myself.  I then moved the step ladder to the ground, and I was able to paint about 2/3 up.  Despite that, I ran out of work well before Tim did, and he worked up to dinner, took a short break, and worked for another 2 hours to finish up.  When he was done, he was absolutely covered in white paint.

The boys played with Lydia most of the afternoon.  They swam for a very short time at our dock, but they were frustrated that we wouldn't let them swim past the end of the dock unless we were down there.  (We were keeping an eye on them from the cabin, but not closely enough for swimming.)  So, most of the swimming happened at the Knapp's cabin.  They stayed there until dinnertime, when I went and brought them back home.  Mom had made barbequed ribs.  She also made a blueberry pie, which we ate after all the painting was done. 

I swam for a little while while Tim was finishing up.  I did not manage to clean all of the paint off of myself in the process, though.  The light was so pretty that I went and got my 50mm lens and the boys - I forced them to sit through me taking photos for a while.  By that time, Tim was done and ready to swim.  I sat at the dock with him while he spent a few cold minutes in the water! 

We all watched some Olympic coverage until WAY too late into the night.

No comments: