Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day Sixteen: Laundry

We managed to accumulate three huge loads of laundry, so after church this morning, Tim, the boys, and I went to the Speed Wash. It went pretty smoothly and quickly - almost makes me want to go to a laundromat at home. After we started the wash, we were able to run across the street for yummy coffees. It took us only 1 1/2 hours to do what it would take all day to do at home.

Lunch was at Sir G's. We had tried to eat there a few years ago, went in, waited 15 minutes for any kind of service, and walked out. This time was a much different experience. Delicious salads and pizza and decent service. After a bit of shopping and a trip to Skube's for leeches and a new Jitterbug and Lazy Ike, we headed back home. What a pretty afternoon on the lake. It wasn't completely sunny, but it was very warm with just a slight breeze. I was so tired (I think dogs kept me awake last night), I laid on the dock for a little while. Tim worked on putting new line on some rods, and then the boys and I swam. I was only a little undone when Mom spotted the HUGE turtle swimming about 30 yards away from us. I managed to believe it was a log until I was actually out of the water, and only then did I see the head AND tail and start to wig out a little. We saw it head downshore - Tim, J, and I got in the canoe to see it up close, but we never did really get a good look. I even got back in the water and swam more after it left. The boys worked hard gathering rocks for the shoreline.


We finally headed in to make a light dinner. Z, J, and I had peanut butter and jelly (Z and I w/ bananas), and Tim had bratts. We had popcorn while watching the Bengal's pre-season game. I never imagined I'd see a Bengal's game at the cabin! Tim and J went fishing, but didn't catch anything.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Help - what's a Jitterbug (a dance?) and what's a Lazy Ike?