Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Thirteen: Hanging with Dad


We were up a bit earlier than usual this morning, and the Lougners enjoyed a good breakfast of goetta and eggs before packing up and heading home. They're planning on taking several days to get back home, and they are ready to visit the cheese store in Cashton, WI tomorrow. We were sad to see them go. Even Zachary agreed he would miss them.

I spent the morning unpacking Tim's things and settling us into the front (Loon) bedroom. Tim hunted for worms with the boys. I read a bit, and Mom started Tim on the trim project in the kitchen. Finally, we went out fishing around 2:30. We first went to Picnic (or Bug) Island. The boys fished while the dogs ran around and I took photos. Then, we just trolled around. We saw the loon up close. No one caught anything. I couldn't believe that it was 5:30 when we got home. Thank heavens I had brought a book.
Tim and I jumped in the lake for a few minutes so he could "wash off the road dirt." Nice. It's chilly (upper-60s) and windy today, but the water didn't feel too bad to me (Tim disagrees!).

Tim grilled beef tenderloin tonight, and we had baked potatoes and leftovers. The boys loved it (so did I!). We played Peanut Butter and some other games this evening. Zachary got in trouble again and had it out with Tim. Z told me today that he needs a vacation from me. I agreed!

No comments: