Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Twenty One: Packing

Today was mostly spent packing, but we did manage to squeeze in a little fun. We swam for a long time in the afternoon, then we took the canoe with boys + Goober to "Picnic Island." The boys and dog got out, while Tim and I stayed in the canoe. Goober brought his tennis ball along, then dropped it in the lake. We had lots of fun tossing it up the hill for him and watching him chase it down.
For dinner, we drove to Ely and ate at the Grand Ely Lodge. I don't think I've ever been there for dinner. I was surprised at how tasty it was. There was a nice view of a beautiful sunset over Shagawa to boot. As we were leaving, we noticed the rainbow over town. It was another night of gorgeous skies, and made me even sadder to have to go home.

No comments: