Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye, Summertime!

Where did the summer go? What a great one it was. We ended it with a fun day at the Museum Center. (First we dropped poor Goober off at PAWS for his "man surgery." I wasn't too worried, because I knew he was in the best possible hands.) We spent most of our museum-time in the Natural History Museum. I was surprised at how much the kids enjoyed it. There was some great exhibits and lots of volunteers giving all sorts of presentations. The bats were my favorite. We did squeeze in an Omnimax Movie (Legends of Flight) and a quick trip to the ball area of the Children's Museum.We rushed back to PAWS to get Goober, then dropped him off to rest at home in his crate. Our next stop was LECC, where we met Jeremy's first grade teacher, Mrs. Bebout. I think he'll have a great first grade year. Then, we drove (with Tim) to LES to meet Zachary's teachers. The 2 teacher thing will be different, but he'll probably do fine. They both seem great. Z wanted to stop in to see Mrs. Kenny and Mrs. Kieffer. They are both so sweet (not to mention that they are fabulous teachers), and it made me a bit nostalgic. Mrs. Kieffer seemed genuinely bummed out that she didn't get Jeremy in her class. I can't believe we won't ever have her as a teacher again.

No comments: