Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 16: Grassy Lake

Wow did I sleep in today. It was 10:30 before we were all up and fed. I really don't sleep as well when Tim's not here. He arrived home at 12:30 PM local time last night. I waited up for his call then was too keyed up to sleep.

I spread mulch this morning, then we went to the grocery in Tower and the dump. When we got home, we all took a walk to Grassy Lake. I think the sign for the trail has been missing for several years. At least I never saw it. So, when we saw that it was a half mile walk, mom decide she could do it. The last leg of the hike was boggy and extremely buggy. The lake (at least what we could see of it) was COVERED with tall grasses. It was really beautiful and different than I'd ever seen before. I want to explore it in a canoe some day.

It was a windy and mild day, but we went down to the lake anyway. The boys played with rocks and sticks, and I finished my book. I even got in the water for 10 minutes or so. FREEZING, but refreshing. I made pretty yummy (if I do say so myself) black beans and rice for dinner tonight.

Jeremy was really wanting to see the sun "actually go down" for a few days. We went down to the dock to see it tonight. The wind had really settled down, and it was a gorgeous night. We saw fish jumping all over. It made me wish I could go fishing! A squirrel was running around, and he provided a pretty good show. The loon was out, too. Just perfect.

No comments: