Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 21: Goodbye


I HATE leaving this place. It's even harder now, knowing how much my kids love it here, too. I'm not sure if this year's rotten weather makes it easier or harder to leave. We spent another cold, rainy day wishing it would be nice JUST ONE MORE DAY before we left. I kept thinking we'd see some sunshine before we have to go home, but no luck!

The boys and I went to see Hans Mayer play music at the Ely Library this afternoon. So fun. Jeremy loved it so much we bought a cd. His favorite song was (to the tune of God Bless America) "God Bless My Underwear... my on-ly pair." So silly. I tried to let them play at the park, but Jeremy went down a wet slide and soaked his pants, so that was it for that!

It stopped raining a little this evening - I took the boys to the firehouse to ride scooters. We are all going stir crazy, so it's probably best to get out of here!

No comments: